Monday, April 12, 2010

The Wonders of Working

For all the working moms out there, while it seems that having to be away from your children everyday is torture, there is one thing that makes it all worthwhile. Showing up at daycare having your baby come running toward you calling "Mommy!!" seems to make even the worst of Mondays melt away. I have a friend that will be joining the world of working moms soon and want her to know that there are many of us out there, and it is not all that bad.

This weekend, I took a metalsmithing class and was inspired by my beautiful daughter to make a pendant. While this may not be an option for everyone, there are many beautiful choices to purchase. It gave me a small sense of peace to wear this today. I had my Gracie with me all day. So, for any mom in need of a new fashion idea that keeps your baby with you all day, here is a great one. Also with Mother's Day approaching, this is a great gift idea that any mom would cherish.


This is the necklace I made, inspired by Grace (it has her name on the front and birthdate on the back)

There are also some great pieces online. I found a few different styles at etsy.com

Via etsy.com

Via etsy.com






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails